To me, there’s almost nothing better than laying out by the pool or beach with a great book. It’s one of my most favorite things to do when the weather is hot and sunny and when I’m on vacation. With Memorial Day weekend right around the corner, pools and beaches will start to overflow with warm-weather lovers trying to get a taste of sun on their skin. I can’t wait!
After seeing a few other blog posts about recent book reviews and summer reading lists, I thought I’d write my own list! I can’t promise that I’ll read ALL of these (although I hope that I do!), but these books are next in my queue for the next few months.
- Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin – I’ve loved every single one of Emily Giffin’s books so far. (If you haven’t read/seen Something Borrowed, you must!) I have no doubt that Heart of the Matter will be just as good as her others.
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen – There’s been so much buzz surrounding this book and the recent movie and now I’m really curious to see if it lives up to the hype.
- Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda – After reading the review of this book here, I couldn’t help but add it to my list!
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford – I don’t know too much about this book other than I’ve heard about it on various websites over the past few months. It has great reviews and looked interesting, so I added it!
- Twelve Rooms with a View by Theresa Rebeck – This book combines two of my favorite things: New York City and real estate! (Ever watch that show Selling New York? I love it!!) Anyways, this book combines the two so it was a must-have.
So that’s about all for my summer reading list. As I read them, I’ll try to write reviews about them so that you’ll have an idea of whether you’d like to read them or not.
Have you read any of these? Are there any books you’d like to add to it?