Can you believe another year has gone by? I feel a myriad of different emotions when I think about 2012. I am so grateful for all that we were able to accomplish. We got settled in a new city with new jobs, we purchased our first home and most recently, got married. I’m also a little sad that our wedding – which we looked forward to for almost two years – is over. But I’m also a little relieved that the stress that goes along with planning a wedding is over. All in all, we have so much to be thankful for and are undoubtedly very blessed. I’m going to be honest though, we are pretty exhausted so we’re hoping that 2013 is just as much fun, but maybe not quite as eventful. 🙂
Here are a few things that I really look forward to in the New Year. I am not a fan of “resolutions” so I am hesitant to use that word; I like to think of myself as a work-in-progress and these are a few of the things I’d like to focus on next year.
– Finding a church home. This is a top priority for both of us; we no longer have the house, wedding planning, work, etc. to use as an excuse. We need to attend church more regularly and find the right church home for us in Raleigh.
– Taking more vacations. I am not kidding when I tell you that our honeymoon was the first real vacation R and I ever took together. Yes, we have traveled, taken a few mini-getaways, but I didn’t realize how much we were missing by taking an entire week and just reserving that time for the two of us. Whether it’s a staycation or a full-blown vacation like our honeymoon, we have to take that time out for ourselves and our marriage.
– Making our house a home. I am ashamed to say that there are still boxes that have yet to be unpacked…wedding gifts to be put in their rightful place…and a lot of DIY projects that need to be done. Not to mention, we need furniture for our place from top-to-bottom. Of course, we won’t get ALL of this done in one year, but now that wedding planning is done, we can focus on turning our house into the home of our dreams (while also keeping it organized and functional).
– Blogging more! I am hoping that I can concentrate more on this blog and posting more regularly. Coming soon I will have a ton of wedding pictures and posts to share along with all the updates we make on the house.
– Working on my writing. Being a good writer is a gift, but I am a firm believer that you can also get better with practice. My previous jobs had me writing constantly and I was always felt challenged. My current job has its challenges, but I don’t get to write as much as I would like and I can definitely tell a difference in the quality of my work.
What are your goals for 2013? I’d love to hear from you!
I hope that you have a happy and blessed 2013. Cheers!