It’s hard to believe we are only 10 days away from meeting our little one. While the first half of my pregnancy seemed to go by so slowly, the second half has come and gone in a blink of an eye! While I wouldn’t consider myself one of those women who loved being pregnant, overall, I have enjoyed this pregnancy and feel so blessed to have carried this baby. It’s truly an indescribable experience.
That being said, I did want to share some of the things that helped make my pregnancy a little easier.
1. Leachco Snoogle. When you’re pregnant, everyone tells you how important it is to catch up on as much sleep as possible. However, most of the people giving this advice have never been pregnant. They don’t know what it’s like to sleep with a bowling ball in your belly, have pregnancy insomnia or be woken up in the middle of the night with the world’s worst heartburn. There is no way I would have survived this pregnancy without my Snoogle. I would suggest buying one early in your pregnancy because it took a few weeks to get used to, but now I don’t know how I would have survived without it!
2. Prenatal vitamins. This is an obvious one of course, but after testing out a few types of vitamins the ones I liked best were Up & Up Women’s Daily Prenatal Combo Pack from Target. I also added a calcium and fiber supplement. Trust me, you will need the extra fiber if you catch my drift…
3. Tums. I have never experienced such severe heartburn in my life. I keep tums in my purse, my lunchbox, at my desk, on my nightstand, etc. I pop at least a few of these every day.
4. Tumbler. It’s so important to stay hydrated while pregnant. I take a tumbler/water bottle with me everywhere I go.
5. Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Nourishing Oil. I’ve been rubbing this oil all over my belly since my first trimester. I use it every morning after I get out of the shower. Not only does it smell heavenly, but it keeps my belly moisturized all day long. So far, I’ve been lucky enough not to have any stretchmarks (don’t worry, there is still time…) and I think it’s partly due to this oil. It also helps with all the itchiness!
6. Maternity leggings. There is nothing in this world more comfortable than maternity leggings. If I could have worn these all day every day, I would have! I wore them under dresses (instead of tights), I’ve worn them as pajamas, for exercise, lounging around the house, etc.
7. Pregnancy Apps. I have loved reading these apps daily to get our updates on baby. My husband and I eagerly wait for Thursdays because then we can get the latest update on our little nugget and his/her growth! I downloaded The Bump, BabyBump and the My Pregnancy apps.
8. Exercise ball. I have loved using my exercise ball to ease back pain and stretch my muscles. I sit on it for a few minutes every day and it’s made a big difference for me.
9. What to Expect When You’re Expecting. Everyone’s favorite baby book. It’s easy to read and offers a wealth of information without being too overwhelming.
10. A supportive husband. I would be remiss not to mention my husband in this list. I truly hit the jackpot when I married him as he’s been the most supportive and helpful husband ever. He picked up my slack during my first trimester when I was too sick to do anything; he’s the one who purchased the Snoogle and exercise ball to make me more comfortable; he’s given me countless back rubs and foot massages and he’s kept his cool when I’ve cried my eyeballs out for no real reason at all. I’m one lucky lady!
What helped you survive your pregnancy?