I cannot believe that my 30th birthday is just around the corner. I’m not dreading the big 3-0 as much as I thought I would; in fact, I really feel like I’m embracing this new place in life. I had some really good times in my twenties, but I am also excited to see what’s in store for my thirties.
Pre-baby, I would have wanted to go BIG for my 30th birthday celebration…either a party or a weekend getaway. But at this phase of life we are in right now, it’s not feasible and that’s just fine by me. In my mind, the best birthday would consist of the following: sleeping in (duh), lunch, a little shopping and then spending the rest of the day snuggling with my hubby and sweet Penelope. Oh, and not having to wash any bottles. That’s huge (you think I’m kidding? I’m not.)
My birthday is on a Monday this year so my husband and I are both taking a day of PTO so the three of us will head to lunch and do a little shopping at most favorite store ever (Nordstroms). Here’s what I have my eye on:
- Barbour Jacket. I’ve been looking at this jacket on-and-off for months now. A co-worker of mine got it for Christmas and after seeing it in person, now I know I really want one.
- Jo Malone Perfume. I ran out of perfume during my pregnancy and didn’t buy any more because my sense of smell was so out of whack. But now I’m ready to wear perfume again and I’m all out!
- Gloves. I love this cute pair. I think the pop of red would go perfectly with my black pea coat.
- New shades. My Gucci sunglasses are looking pretty worn. It’s time for an upgrade!
- Clutch. I desperately need an oversized clutch that will contain my wallet, phone, keys and other small essentials without taking up much room. I want to be able to transfer it to/from my diaper bag and this option is cute and affordable.
- Alex & Ani. I received a couple of these bracelets for Christmas and I wouldn’t mind adding another to my collection.
- Diptyque. I would love one of these dreamy candles.
- Hunter Boots. I’m pretty sure I’m the last person in the world who doesn’t own these boots. Maybe it’s because we’ve been experiencing so much rain lately, but I’m finally ready for a pair. I love the look of these boots in a classic red.
Now comes the tough part…deciding what’s going to come home with me!
What’s on your wish list?